Who can I speak to?
Mrs Milliner, Careers Co-ordinator - email: email@example.com
The Careers department at SJWMS
There is a comprehensive careers education programme for all year groups delivered through Life Skills lessons, tutorials and across the curriculum. This includes activities on self-development, career exploration, and career management and explores further and higher education options. Students are also engaged in work related learning, including work experience in year 12. Impartial (unbiased) careers guidance interviews are available for access by any student and appointments can be made via Head of School or direct using the link below to contact Mrs Milliner, the Careers Co-ordinator. The Careers Office is in the library. Impartial advice can also be accessed from MY Trust and the National Careers Service, which helps adults too. Use their callback facility. In addition, students can access a variety of careers related information in the library and via Show My Homework and numerous other resources. The latest news, including labour market information and job alerts, is posted through the noticeboard facility on Show My Homework. The school has achieved the full Investors in Careers Award which recognises the good practices we have in place.
The Careers Education map for all year groups can be found below.
Through your time at SJWMS, you should get:
- Clear impartial advice and information about all the options available, so that you understand what they involve.
- Support and guidance to help you make choices and complete a career plan for the future.
- Regular support and information on how well you are doing.
- Help to decide what to do when you leave the school, including further learning, training or employment.
- A programme of careers education helping you develop skills and knowledge to make choices and the transition to work and learning
- An opportunity to set out an individual learning plan
- An opportunity to learn about the world of work
- Help at the appropriate time
Booking a Careers Interview
You can arrange a Careers Interview via your Head of School or using the link above. Your careers interview is a confidential, impartial discussion with a qualified Careers Guidance Adviser. Don’t worry if you have no definite plans. We are here to encourage and support you while you are making decisions about your future. Depending on your needs, it may be helpful to have several discussions, so don’t think of your careers interview as a 'one-off’ event.
The school is an affiliate member of the Careers Development Institute (CDI) and the Careers Co-ordinator abides by their code of conduct which can be found here.
|Careers Education Map 2016-2017||28th Sep 2016||Download|
|How parents and carers can support child...||12th Mar 2019||Download|
|Work Related Learning and Enterprise Pol...||15th May 2019||Download|
|Careers Policy||15th May 2019||Download|
|Investors in Careers Award re-accreditat...||15th Jul 2019||Download|